Career Conversations: Connect with experienced alumni… Build your alumni network… Explore career paths, fields of interests and educational pathways…
Career Conversations is a Student-Alumni Career Networking Night (sponsored by UB Career Services and the UB Alumni Association) that is designed to link experienced UB alumni with current UB students and recent graduates who are interested in launching their careers, finding internships, or connecting with a mentor in the Buffalo and metro New York areas.
Career Conversations 2014 Dates
Career Conversations NYC
Thank you to all the students and alumni who made Career Conversations NYC a great success! We will update this page with information regarding Career Conversations NYC 2015 in the near future!
Career Conversations Buffalo
Date: Wednesday, February 12, 2014
Time: 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm (Pre-Event Networking Session: 5:30 - 6:30 pm)
Location: Center for the Arts Lobby
Register online for Career Conversations Buffalo
Additional Opportunities in New York City over Winter Break 2014
Road Trips to the Real World
Register at www.eace.org (there is a $10 cost to attend). Register as soon as possible as these site visits will fill quickly.
- AOL. – Tuesday, January 14, 2 p.m. – 4 p.m., Manhattan, NY
- Dow Jones – Wednesday, January 15, 3 p.m. – 5 p.m., Manhattan, NY
- Madison Square Gardens – January 16, 1:30 p.m. – 4 p.m., Manhattan, NY
City Year Shadow Day
Date: Tuesday, January 14, 2014
Time: Half day varies by location
Location: City Year, New York, New York
ATTIRE: Business casual, with comfortable shoes for walking. Visit online at www.cityyear.org .
RSVP by Thurs Dec 19: Please email your interest in attending the New York City site visit and indicate your name, school, year of graduation, email address, phone, and how you heard about the event. More details will be provided upon your registration. Contact Emmanuel Paul Sterling, Recruitment Director, Northeast by email or call at 646-452-3622.
City Year is a nonprofit organization that unites 17-24 year olds of all backgrounds for a year of full-time service, giving them the skills and opportunities to change the world. As tutors, mentors and role models, these diverse young leaders make a difference in the lives of children and transform schools and neighborhoods. City Year is a proud member of AmeriCorps. The shadow day provides an opportunity for current applicants or those with future interest in City Year to get an in depth view of our work. During the site visit students will:
- Be provided with light refreshments as they receive an introduction to City Year.
- Have the opportunity to learn about City Year's work addressing the national dropout crisis in public schools.
- Engage in a Leadership Workshop similar to training our corps members receive, discussing various work styles and how they affect team dynamics.
- Meet a current City Year team and observe their in-school service with children.